Apr 13, 2015
PTO Meeting Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 6:30pm
Attendance: Teegan Von Burn (Asst. Principal), Tricia Mercier (PTO Staff President), Ilene Altman (music teacher), Beth Forrestal (parent co-president), Kendra LeFleur (parent co-president), Joe Loux (treasurer), Susanna Baird (secretary), Jeff Fox, Jessica Fox, Sarah Hunter, Amanda Means, Sseziwa Mukasa, Betsy Ricciarelli, Francesca Sparacio
1. Approve Minutes from January – Approved.
2. Requests – Teegan Von Burn, Asst. Principal. 3 requests from Greg Sheridan, science. Bussing – P1 to Smolak Farms May 22 $275, E1 to MOS April 17 $324.50 (Read Trust pays for admission); 4th grade to Harvard Museum of Natural History $324.50 June 15 (Read Trust pays for admission).
3. Safe Routes to School – Melissa Wilson, Parent and Salem Safe Routes to School coordinator. Funded by the Mass. in Motions grant. Goals – complete the surveys. Each school. 40% compliance = $250 for bike safety gear. Closes out next week. Melissa will give them to Betsy to get out in the folders tomorrow. Melissa will come into the school and present to 3rd and 4th graders, aiming for a Wednesday. Walk to School Day in the spring. Possible pedestrian training for 2nd grade in spring or along with walkathon in the fall.
4. Karaoke Night – Ilene Altman, Music. May 21, 6-7:30 p.m.
5. Movie Night – Ilene Altman, Music. June 11. Big Hero 6. 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
6. School Picnic - June 13.
7. Readathon - We made more than $1,000. Talk later re: next year.
8. Earth Fest - April 30. They need volunteers.
9. Bike Safety Day - Sarah Hunter. Cancelled because of Safe Routes program. Getting quotes on helmets. Will work with Melissa.
10. Carlton Gear – Beth. Offering short-sleeved shirts, including fitted T-shirts. Likely sending forms home beginning of April. Have them in by April vacation.
11. Calendar Raffle – Susanna Baird. Air miles? Melissa will ask her mother who is a flight attendant. Susanna will send out to volunteer. $5 or 5 for $20. Ask Jeff @ K.I.C.K. Kendra will call Great Wolf Lodge.
12. Village Tavern Fundraiser – Amanda Means. They will match what the 99 did. April 14 with 13 as backup. 5-8.
13. Light It Up Blue for autism – Melissa Wilson. April 2, 6:30 p.m., march around the Common awareness event and resources.
13. Treasurer's Report – Joe Loux. Got rid of obscure line item. Susanna will ask Mrs. Erps if she is owed slushee money.