Apr 13, 2015
PTO Meeting Wednesday April 1, 2015
Attendance: Kendra LeFleur (Parent co-president), Beth Forrestal (parent co-president) Amanda Means, Tricia Mercier (teacher president), Carla Reid (VP), Jeff Fox (acting secretary:), BA Cornell, Gina Grinarml, Sseziwa Mukasa.
1. Approve minutes from March - approved!
2. Earthfest (Gina Grinarml) - Working on adding things since Whole Foods and Audubon Society can’t come. Approved $100 to go to Planet Protectors to work on things for Earthfest. Discussion about lack of recycling and composting at Carlton and ways to make that happen more successfully at Carlton. Should there be a group of parents to spearhead getting more recycling/composting going at Carlton? Should mayor Driscoll come to encourage composting at Carlton?
3. Calendar Raffle - Update on prizes for the raffle (too many to list). People still asking other places… We still need more! Need to start selling soon. $5 or 5 for $20. Advertising on Facebook to drum up interest?
4. Approve $ for sitters next year - $25 per meeting. BA has a possible candidate. BA will ask… Money approved.
5. Requests - None
6. Elections - President and secretary are up (Jeff cannot because he can’t multi-task and needs to make motions). Voting next month… Amanda and Lorena for co-prez?
7. Recorder Concert - We will sell concessions. Water in the closet, get some chips/chocolate to sell.
8. Treasurer’s Report - Garden fund? Might be a remnant from the past? Approved.
9. Picnic - June 13 has not been confirmed by Jean-Marie. Carla needs to plan, but doesn’t want to book it until confirmed.
10. Village Tavern Fundraiser - Amanda - Monday 4/13 5-8 pm
11. Teacher Appreciation Week - (Tricia leaves…) Week of May 4. Collette ordered lunch boxes with school logo. Fill with healthy snacks. Lunch Boxes on Monday. BA will do a breakfast on Wednesday. Banner on Monday. Friday ??? Chair massage? Flowers? Afternoon tea!! Amanda will get carafes. Jeff will get an assortment of teas.