Mar 28, 2017
February 7, 2017
Attendees: Leah Penley, James Willis, Geoff Millar, Rebecca Cope, Jocelyn Sheahan, Sarah Hunter, Amanda Valentin O’Brien, Melissa Hankens, Patricia Bonneau, Bethann Jellison, Kelly Barrett, Beth Forrestal, Jeff Fox, Betsy Ricciarelli, Amanda Means, Amy Shanahan
- Minutes 1st, 2nd and all approved.
- Treasurer’s Report 1st, 2nd and all approved.
- Calendar Raffle Fundraiser. The Calendar Raffle made $1,300.00 last year, and made $1,900 from the previous year. We need to get lots of parents involved to promote this fundraiser so that we will have a successful year.
- Getting the parents to volunteer is not going well. We need to figure out a way to get more parents to involved in volunteering for various school events.
- We need someone to volunteer to run the Concession Stand.
- Farm School is a success.
- We need another person to help the Volunteer Coordinator to maintain the Volunteer list and to send out the emails when we need volunteers for various events.
- Karaoke Night is Tuesday, March 21st.
- If this Thursday (2/9) is a snow day, then the concert will be postponed until next Thursday (2/16).
- We need to pick another fundraising night for either the 99 again or maybe Bit Bar. The best date for this fundraiser is when the teachers have a meeting during the day, and then to have the fundraiser that night. April 11th is a possibility for the fundraising night and it will most likely be at the 99. Dining for a Cause.
- The Earth Fest is April 27th.
- A grown up night out is a possibility for another fundraiser.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: This is in May. The ten minute massages were very popular last year. The massages were through Body and Soul in Salem. The yoga was not popular so it is not suggested to do yoga again. The brewery was a hit. Bethann can put on a lunch for the teachers for one day.
- April MCAS 2 starts the week before April vacation. April through May is the time period for the MCAS 2 for Grades 3, 4 and 5.
- P1 and P2 Concert, February 9th Concession needs a volunteer, with February 16th being the snow day. Jeff Fox will do the Concessions for this event.
- March 2nd, Thursday, E1 Recorder Concert also needs a Concessions Volunteer. Amanda Means said that she volunteer for that day.
- Flowers By Darlene supplies flowers for the Concession Stands during plays and concerts. These are $3.00 a flower. The end of year Celebration of Learning will need to have flowers for the concession.
- Motion to end the meeting is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
Mar 1, 2017
January 11, 2017 Minutes
Carlton PTO Meeting Attendees: Betsy Ricciarelli, Amanda Means, Geoff Millar, Patricia Bonneau, Rebecca Cope, James Willis, Marta Brill, Carol Lavoie Schuster, Melissa Hankens, Leah Penley, Amanda Valentin O’Brien, Jeff Fox, Andrea Bennett, Amy Shanahan, Kelly Barrett, Meredith Sterling, Carla Reid
1. Motion to Approve Minutes is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
2. Motion to Approve Treasurer’s Report is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
3. Karaoke Night is Tuesday, January 31st, 6:00pm - 8:00pm.
4. Title 1, Innovation Status: Parents expressed interest in the status of the innovation plan. Everybody supports continuing with the plan
5. The kids loved the Love Ball. There will be a Love Ball assembly before the Holiday Break.
6. The P2 is so big now that there is a need for 2 buses instead of 1. On January 27, the P2 is having a field trip to the Boston Aquarium, and there is a need for a 2nd bus. Motion for $377.50 for the 2nd bus. The motion is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
7. The Dance-A-Thon is Friday, March 24.
8. Parents could do fun things for Wacky Wednesday during school hours. They could do activities such as a knitting group, flag football, etc. Due to Cori Forms, this couldn’t be done this year, but is an idea for Wacky Wednesday for next year. These would two forty minute blocks, once a week on Wednesdays.
9. Motion to end meeting is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
Carlton PTO Minutes December 6, 2016
Attendees: Amanda Means, Bethann Jellison, Greg Sheridan, Suleika Villanueva, Leah Penley, Ilene Altman, Jocelyn Sheahan, Patricia Bonneau, Sarah Hunter, Jeff Fox, Amanda Valentin O’Brien, Betsy Ricciarelli, Eric Burgos, Meredith Sterling, Geoff Millar, Amy Shanahan
Minutes from November 1, 2016, 1st, 2nd and all approved.
Treasurer’s Report 1st, 2nd and all approved.
99 Fundraiser raised a total of $223.00, which is double the amount that was raised at the Village Tavern. There will be another 99 Fundraiser in the Spring.
Farm School - Still raising money for Farm School. Maybe local farms could sponsor a child. $100 for each child. Designated Bus Fund is $2,400.00 for buses, $850.00 for Farm School bus. Motion to designate $2,400.00 for bus money is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
Events Committee would involved a group of parents to run each event. There would be a chairperson for each event, and also the committee to help with running the events. Earth Fest - Volunteer list to be sent out. Concessions Volunteer is needed to run all the concessions during various school events.
Requests: We could possibly bring Figie back for 10 sessions and find a way to pay for it since we didn’t get the grant. This would cost $1,000 for 10 sessions. We could also use parent expertise to teach the children as another possibility.
The E1 and E2 will have African dancing, so Bethann would like the P1 and P2 to do something active.
Movie Night will be Thursday, January 12, at 6:00 pm. Probably the Jungle Book will be shown as the movie.
Karaoke Night will possibly be on May 30.
E2 Talent Carlton Coffeehouse will be on May 18th. There will be a morning show at 9:00am and an evening show at 6:30pm.
Spelling Bee and Earth Fest will be on April 25th and 27th.
On January 25th, there will be a Spelling Bee for 5th Graders only.
Ilene Altman has a request for Big Love Ball. The large ball is $79.00 plus shipping and handling. The decision on the color will be made at a later date. There is a motion to purchase this ball for $79.00 which is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
Amanda will get the items for the concession for the play.
Suleika Villanueva volunteers to translate for the PTO. Motion to end meeting is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
Oct 9, 2016
PTO Meeting Carlton School 9-15-16
Attendees: Leah Penley, Amanda Means, Betsy Ricciarelli, Amy Shanahan, Francesca Sparallo, Kim Falchek, Beth Forrestal, Ilene Altman, Kelly Barrett, Greg Sheridan, Kate Bouffard, Erin Burgos, Joseph Loux, Fiona Williams, Bethann Jellison
Haunted Happenings is October 6. National Parks type of float for parade.
Camp Carlton, a shirt for all seasons, a 1950’s type of shirt. $6.25 a shirt. Order about 315 shirts plus 24 for incoming kindergartners. Number of students will be at capacity by the end of the year.
Celebration of Learning Budget. Approve the budget now. Last year we went over by $1000. Budget was $1500 and we spent $2500. We need to review budget.
WalkAThon is September 23. Volunteers are all set and it’s all set to go.
CORI Forms. Volunteers to have CORI done every 2 years. No parent volunteer can be left along with a child unless they have been fingerprinted. There is no cost to have CORI done but fingerprinting does have a cost. You can be reimbursed by the school.
Pumpkin Fest. Leah Penley to run Pumpkin Fest again this year. Need volunteers. It is set for October 20th from 5:30 - 7:00.
There will not be a Veteran’s Day show. There will be a show during the day for the school but no night time show. Show can be purchased on video later.
February 6 - 8 is the Farm School.
Musical will take place on a Wednesday and Thursday night.
Kindergarten Boston Field Trip. 54 Kindergarten students and there will be 9 or 10 adults to go with them. $10.00 a person plus the bus. Bus is between $130 - $160. $500 allotted for Field Trip. Estimate is $800 for cost. Motion to give $800 for field trip is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
Take Home Book Bags. $300 request to purchase take home bags. Motion for $300 for book bags is 1st, 2nd all all approved.
New system for requesting funds. 2 forms. 1 for requesting funds, name detail. Amanda and Betsy preparing letters for teachers. You can get reimbursement form from the office.
The Farm School was paid for by a grant. That money is gone so they are working out a way to pay for Farm School this year. We may need to do another fundraiser.
Minutes from June meeting 1st, 2nd and all approved.
Treasurer’s Report is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
Mar 14, 2016
Attendees: Amanda Means, Betsy Ricciarelli, Carla Reid, Leah Penley, Kimberly Falchek,
Jeff Fox, Joseph Loux, Sseziwa Mukasa, Ilene Altman, Kathy Karch, Amy Shanahan,
Teegan von Burn, Patricia Mercier
- Minutes from 1-13-16 were 1st, 2nd and all approved.
- Treasurer’s Report was 1st, 2nd and all approved.
- Colette requests more money for the concession for up to $40.00 for the Winter Concert. 1st, 2nd and all approved for an additional $40.00 for the concession for the Winter Concert.
- The Earth Fest will be on a Thursday and will probably be on April 28th. Gina can probably coordinate the Earth Fest.
- The Recorder Concert will be on April 14th. Calendar Raffle is an all May event which has to be prepared ahead of time. This has to be done before May 1st. Donations are still needed. There are at least 31 prizes needed.
- Ninety-Nine night in April is a possible fundraiser. The Carlton School will get 15% of the bill. Either a night during April vacation or a Friday night in April are possible nights to have the fundraiser.
- Possible Yard Sale at Savers for a fundraiser. Amanda with speak with Savers. 5 cents a pound for hard items. 20 cents a pound for soft items. We can possibly have food for the yard sale. There can be a week long drop off for the yard sale. The yard sale would be held sometime in the spring, probably June, from 7:00 am to 12:00 noon.
- Box Tops. Lauren is in charge and Kristy is possibly involved as well. Betsy will get in touch with Lauren and get more information. Kim Falchek has volunteered to also help with the box tops.
- Spring Dance-A-Thon. Ilene Altman and Jean Marie Kahn to possibly coordinate a day for the Dance-A-Thon. Dance-A-Thon will be similar to how the Walk-A-Thon is done. It will most likely be done during the school day.
- Ilene Altman has requested that Figi from Fun Phenomenon be there for both shows for the winter concert. Motion to give Figi $100.00 for coming to the concert for both performances of the Winter Concert. The motion is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
- Mr. Sheridan will be having two field trips. The 3rd grade will be going to the Museum of Science. The 4th grade will be going to the Harvard Museum of Natural History. A motion to request $375 each for the two field trips. The motion is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
- Request to end meeting is 1st, 2nd and all approved.
Sep 24, 2015
Attendance: Carla Reid (VP) Tricia Mercier (Teacher Pres), Joe Loux (Treasurer), Jeff Fox, Amanda Means (Co-president),Melissa Wilson (secretary) , Stephanie Makary, Ilene Altman, Ms. Kahn (principal), Kathy Karch, CJ Karch, Susanna Baird, Adam Lantheaume, Kris Lantheaume, Teegan Von Burn (assistant prinicipal), Leah Penley
1. Walk -a-thon: Ms. Mercier updated that it will be next Thursday Sept 18. The pledge sheets have been sent home in communication folders
volunteer needs : 0830 Set about 5, 9-10am e1-e2 will walk (10 volunteers)
10-11am p1-p2 will walk (10 volunteers) 11-12:00 am (5-10 volunteers to tally the kids pledge sheets).
2. CORI forms for volunteers: Melissa will followup regarding CORI forms with
3. Haunted Happenings (world peace) : Ms. Bouffard Oct 1, 2015. Needs: paper towel rolls
Motion to increase budget from $275 as opposed to $200
due to 40 new shirts (CARLTON TIE DYE) for new students:
Jeff moved to approve an addition $75.00 susannna seconded
4. Pumpkin Fest: Oct 22 6:00pm-7:30pm An event chair and committee is need.
Melissa will coordinate pumpkin decoration contest through city and obtain pumpkins again.
Will followup with Colette to obtain details from previous years.
5. Sept 25, 2015 is a 1/2 day and assembly and presentation for an Award presented to Carlto school staff and students. Ms. Kahn is requesting assistance
with pictures. CJ Karch volunteered to take cover this event.
6. Veterans Day concert date confirmed in Nov 5th at 6PM. Ms Altman will
followup with color guard and Amanda Means will follow up with a friend that is a veteran to be speaker.
7. Back to School Roller Party: Melissa proposed a back to school roller skating party on
9-25-15 from 5pm-7pm. Melissa will followup with pricing detail ASAP. Concern:
most events PTO try to do are FREE to make them accessible to all students and families.
8. Cookbooks: Melissa Will followup on inventory.
9. Chico Bag Fundraiser: Melissa will followup with Kendra and Beth for details
New Business: Melissa Will look into roller skating back to school night. 9-25-15
issue is that we dont do pay events so how can we make this free to student:
enrollment 215 current
May 25, 2015
Attendance: Kendra Lefluer, Beth Forrestal, Carla Reid, Tricia Mercier, Collette Loux, Joe Loux, Jeff Fox, Lorena Hawkins, Amanda Means, Linda Girard, Melissa Wilson, Sarah Hunter, Ilene Altman, Ms. Kahn
- Approve Minutes from April: Approved
- Treasures Report: jeff Motioned to approve treasurers report. Joe seconded. Treasures report approved.
- Earth Fest: Positive response 0 negative feedback received
- Calendar Raffle: As of 5-6-15 $1530.00 funds raised. Final amount raised will be available in June 2015.
- Karaoke night: 28 May 15 @ 6pm. Cost: FREE. Collette will manage concessions.
- Movie night: 11 June 15 @ 6pm Big Hero 6. Cost: FREE. PTO will provide 1 small water. Colette will manage concessions.
- Picnic: 13 june 15 @12p-3pm. Location: Collins Cove. Needs: volunteers for food set up, cooking, and cleanup. 2 grills needed. Porta- Potty needed. Contact person: Carla Reid
- DVD: Ms. Altmas reported about 20 DVD’s completed. Suggestion: pre-make and sell at Karaoke night/movie night. Ms. Altman will follow-up
- Carlton Gear: Collette will place order 5/8/15.
- Celebration of Learning: 17 June 15 @6:30pm (e’s) 18 June 15 @ 6;30pm (k-3). Collette will manage concessions for the COL.
- Babysitting: Funds approved at April meeting $25.00 per meeting. Beth will followup with Bethanne.
- Elections: Lorena and Amanda volunteered to run for co-president. Unanimous approval. New presidents for 2015-2017 are Lorena and Amanda. Melissa volunteered to be secretary for 2015-2017 with unanimous approval. Melissa will be secretary 2015-2016.
a) Ms. Altman requests to increase budget for Celebration of Learning to $875 or $1010 if piano tuning is not covered by district. Jeff motioned to approve. Amanda seconded. Funds approved.
b) Ms. Kahn requests a budget approval for Field day 23 June 15 to approve T-shirts for 220 enrolled students and 55 staff. Jeff motioned to approve. Beth F seconded. Field Day t-shirts will be provided by PTO.
Carla requests to approve $200 funds for dispersement for 3 signs in Cafeteria for art to Mrs. B. Jeff moved to approve $200 in funds. Sarah
May 6, 2015
PTO Meeting Wednesday April 1, 2015
Attendance:Kendra LeFleur (Parent copresident), Beth Forrestal (parent copresident) Amanda Means, Tricia Mercier (teacher president), Carla Reid (VP), Jeff Fox (acting secretary:), BA Cornell, Gina Grinarml, Sseziwa Mukasa.
Approve minutes from March approved!
Earthfest (Gina) Working on adding things since Whole Foods and Audubon Society can’t come. Approved $100 to go to Planet Protectors to work on things for Earthfest. Discussion about lack of recycling and composting at Carlton and ways to make that happen more successfully at Carlton. Should there be a group of parents to spearhead getting more recycling/composting going at Carlton? Should mayor Driscoll come to encourage composting at Carlton?
Calendar Raffle Update on prizes for the raffle (too many to list). People still asking other places... We still need more! Need to start selling soon. $5 or 5 for $20. Advertising on Facebook to drum up interest?
Approve $ for sitters next year $25 per meeting. BA has a possible candidate. BA will ask... Money approved.
Elections President and secretary are up (Jeff cannot because he can’t multitask
and needs to make motions). Voting next month... Amanda and Lorena for coprez?
Recorder Concert We will sell concessions. Water in the closet, get some chips/chocolate to sell.
Treasurer’s Report Garden fund? Might be a remnant from the past? Approved.
Picnic June 13 has not been confirmed by JeanMarie. Carla needs to plan, but
doesn’t want to book it until confirmed.
Village Tavern Fundraiser Amanda Monday 4/13 58 pm
Teacher Appreciation Week (Tricia leaves...) Week of May 4. Collette ordered lunch boxes with school logo. Fill with healthy snacks. Lunch Boxes on Monday. BA will do a breakfast on Wednesday. Banner on Monday. Friday ??? Chair massage? Flowers? Afternoon tea!! Amanda will get carafes. Jeff will get an assortment of teas.
Apr 13, 2015
PTO Meeting Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 6:30pm
Attendance: Teegan Von Burn (Asst. Principal), Tricia Mercier (PTO Staff President), Ilene Altman (music teacher), Beth Forrestal (parent co-president), Kendra LeFleur (parent co-president), Joe Loux (treasurer), Susanna Baird (secretary), Jeff Fox, Jessica Fox, Sarah Hunter, Amanda Means, Sseziwa Mukasa, Betsy Ricciarelli, Francesca Sparacio
1. Approve Minutes from January – Approved.
2. Requests – Teegan Von Burn, Asst. Principal. 3 requests from Greg Sheridan, science. Bussing – P1 to Smolak Farms May 22 $275, E1 to MOS April 17 $324.50 (Read Trust pays for admission); 4th grade to Harvard Museum of Natural History $324.50 June 15 (Read Trust pays for admission).
3. Safe Routes to School – Melissa Wilson, Parent and Salem Safe Routes to School coordinator. Funded by the Mass. in Motions grant. Goals – complete the surveys. Each school. 40% compliance = $250 for bike safety gear. Closes out next week. Melissa will give them to Betsy to get out in the folders tomorrow. Melissa will come into the school and present to 3rd and 4th graders, aiming for a Wednesday. Walk to School Day in the spring. Possible pedestrian training for 2nd grade in spring or along with walkathon in the fall.
4. Karaoke Night – Ilene Altman, Music. May 21, 6-7:30 p.m.
5. Movie Night – Ilene Altman, Music. June 11. Big Hero 6. 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
6. School Picnic - June 13.
7. Readathon - We made more than $1,000. Talk later re: next year.
8. Earth Fest - April 30. They need volunteers.
9. Bike Safety Day - Sarah Hunter. Cancelled because of Safe Routes program. Getting quotes on helmets. Will work with Melissa.
10. Carlton Gear – Beth. Offering short-sleeved shirts, including fitted T-shirts. Likely sending forms home beginning of April. Have them in by April vacation.
11. Calendar Raffle – Susanna Baird. Air miles? Melissa will ask her mother who is a flight attendant. Susanna will send out to volunteer. $5 or 5 for $20. Ask Jeff @ K.I.C.K. Kendra will call Great Wolf Lodge.
12. Village Tavern Fundraiser – Amanda Means. They will match what the 99 did. April 14 with 13 as backup. 5-8.
13. Light It Up Blue for autism – Melissa Wilson. April 2, 6:30 p.m., march around the Common awareness event and resources.
13. Treasurer's Report – Joe Loux. Got rid of obscure line item. Susanna will ask Mrs. Erps if she is owed slushee money.
PTO Meeting Wednesday April 1, 2015
Attendance: Kendra LeFleur (Parent co-president), Beth Forrestal (parent co-president) Amanda Means, Tricia Mercier (teacher president), Carla Reid (VP), Jeff Fox (acting secretary:), BA Cornell, Gina Grinarml, Sseziwa Mukasa.
1. Approve minutes from March - approved!
2. Earthfest (Gina Grinarml) - Working on adding things since Whole Foods and Audubon Society can’t come. Approved $100 to go to Planet Protectors to work on things for Earthfest. Discussion about lack of recycling and composting at Carlton and ways to make that happen more successfully at Carlton. Should there be a group of parents to spearhead getting more recycling/composting going at Carlton? Should mayor Driscoll come to encourage composting at Carlton?
3. Calendar Raffle - Update on prizes for the raffle (too many to list). People still asking other places… We still need more! Need to start selling soon. $5 or 5 for $20. Advertising on Facebook to drum up interest?
4. Approve $ for sitters next year - $25 per meeting. BA has a possible candidate. BA will ask… Money approved.
5. Requests - None
6. Elections - President and secretary are up (Jeff cannot because he can’t multi-task and needs to make motions). Voting next month… Amanda and Lorena for co-prez?
7. Recorder Concert - We will sell concessions. Water in the closet, get some chips/chocolate to sell.
8. Treasurer’s Report - Garden fund? Might be a remnant from the past? Approved.
9. Picnic - June 13 has not been confirmed by Jean-Marie. Carla needs to plan, but doesn’t want to book it until confirmed.
10. Village Tavern Fundraiser - Amanda - Monday 4/13 5-8 pm
11. Teacher Appreciation Week - (Tricia leaves…) Week of May 4. Collette ordered lunch boxes with school logo. Fill with healthy snacks. Lunch Boxes on Monday. BA will do a breakfast on Wednesday. Banner on Monday. Friday ??? Chair massage? Flowers? Afternoon tea!! Amanda will get carafes. Jeff will get an assortment of teas.